Re: NPG RECORDS & WARNER BROS. RECORDS ANNOUNCE TWO NEW PRINCE RELEASES
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »
The only person who can brainwash Prince, is Prince.
He may have needed a strict code to follow at the time.
Was his mom a JW convert?
Yeah a lot of ppl in Minneapolis etc who were in those circles noticed he seemed to be "fading" from JW. I have an article somewhere from the 7th day Adventist site where they were hoping he'd return to the religion he grew up with. Noticing he was singing songs about Jesus again. I will find it and edit it in later.

Not by works but Grace.

MIRvmn

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2016, 01:15:34 PM »
Yes that's right, his mother converted to JW at some point.
I'm pretty sure Prince was tired of JW trying to control him so he was fading.
U can imagine how mad JW would be when they discovered that he was no longer interested in being a part of the cult. They expected to inherit his money and he provided them with lots of money during the years, Prince was a gold mine in their eyes. I know a lot of ppl thinks that the alleged threats Prince received lately was from WB, but I think it could very well have been from the JW.
Thunder, all through the night
Promise to see Jesus in the morning light
Take my hand, it'll be alright
C'mon save your soul tonight
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 07:29:15 PM »
I know a lot of ppl thinks that the alleged threats Prince received lately was from WB, but I think it could very well have been from the JW.
Is that logical?
Have the JW ever been documented as threatening those who leave with anything more than Armageddon and being unworthy of eternal life? Michael Jackson left the Jehovah's Witnesses and so did his whole family with the exception of his mother and eldest sis. MJ, J5 and Janet were worth a lot more financially in the 80's than Prince ever was. The JW's held the Jacksons up as the perfect JW family. The highest selling artist MJ was a JW. This is how a lot of people heard of the organization. When he left at the height of his fame did he or his family receive death threats?
What evidence is there of Prince receiving Death Threats? The fake article written by the fake site quoting fake sources? We proved that to be click bait and misinformation. If anyone has any leads or evidence Prince receiving death threats please post it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:12:30 PM by Rainbowblue »

MIRvmn

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 09:35:27 PM »
They might not threat him, but It's not sure the would leave him alone either.
Heres some interesting info about how the JW are stalking ppl http://www.4jehovah.org/spying-and-stalking-in-jehovahs-witnesses/
I've only read on a few sites that he recived death threats but theres no real evidence of this so it can very well be false, but if his life was in danger somehow then it's possible that there is some truth to it. I guess we will never know.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:28:55 PM by MIRvmn »
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 11:54:23 PM »
This may be alittle off topic, but how does everyone feel about universal picking up the rights to his music?
It is said that they are working closely with the estate.
Thoughts?
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 04:56:46 AM »
This may be alittle off topic, but how does everyone feel about universal picking up the rights to his music?
It is said that they are working closely with the estate.
Thoughts?

"Prince's estate inks publishing deal with Universal Music Group
By Reuters November 3, 2016

Universal Music Publishing Group has reached an agreement with the Estate of Prince Rogers Nelson to administer the Prince catalog worldwide, the publishing arm of Universal Music Group announced today. The publishing deal covers both Prince's released and unreleased music.

Encompassing well over a thousand songs, the catalog includes songs from Prince's Warner Bros. Records releases in the 1970s-'90s, as well as his subsequent albums self-released through a variety of distributors. Prince's publishing was administered through UMPG from 2001 through 2014, at which point he began to self-publish.

Since the musician died earlier this year, speculation has been rife that he maintained a vast vault of unreleased music - through this deal, any new music released by his Estate would fall under UMPG's auspices."

http://www.amny.com/entertainment/prince-s-estate-inks-publishing-deal-with-universal-music-group-1.12554543

Knocks out Warner Brothers
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 05:27:51 PM »
This deal is a  administration  deal, leaves Prince's estate in complete  control over the music.
Complete control, huh
https://mobile.twitter.com/PrinceWatchUK/status/794461980862124032
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:36:52 PM by Julles83 »

MIRvmn

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2016, 06:28:14 PM »
Yes makes sense and Im glad they made the deal. I really feels like theres someone (Prince) whos in charge over whats happening, all pieces falls into place like it's planned in advance
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2016, 07:05:04 PM »
I agree. This feels more and more like prince everyday

MIRvmn

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2017, 12:51:11 AM »
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7686209/prince-streaming-spotify-apple-amazon-pandora-purple-rain Finally a release date for PR Deluxe :) It will be interesting to see if unreleased songs like G-spot (Prince's original version from 83) will be on it since Sexy MF and Head was on 4Ever. My understanding is that Prince gave WB the unrealeased songs for PR deluxe

MIRvmn

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2017, 09:27:30 PM »
So the tracklist for Purple Rain deluxe has leaked

Whats interesting here is how Prince  approved the songs "We Can Fuck" and "Erotic City" cuz I belive this is the tracklist he gaved to WB. In 2006 Prince didn't want Erotic City on Ultimate Prince album so it was removed on the final configuration.